198 Sixth Street
Moore Haven, FL 33471
8 AM - 5 PM
* The Community Development Department will be closed from 11 am - 2 pm on Friday July 19, 2019 for our Annual Employee Health Fair
Administrative Support I/IT Tech Support
Code Enforcement Officer
Community Development is responsible for helping ensure that uses within Glades County are in compliance with the County's Land Development Regulations and that buildings and other structures are planned, designed and built in a way that is safe and compliant with the Florida Building Code and Fire Safety Code.
Our mission is to provide citizens and the development community with a high level of professional, customer-focused service.Department Functions
- Accepts and reviews land use permits such are rezonings, plan amendments, special exceptions, variances, plats, and plat vacations.
- Accepts land development permit applications, tracks plan reviews, collects fees, and issues permits.
- Reviews plans for residential, commercial and industrial development, utility installations, driveway permits, and site plans to ensure they are constructed according to approved plans and county, state, and federal regulations.
- Processes and schedules applications for review and approval by appropriate boards
- Provides guidance to design professionals, contractors, and others as to County requirements
- Provides flood zone determinations for all site plans and building permits according to FEMA regulations
- Oversees transportation access and the impact of developments on roadways within the County
The Planning and Zoning Division is responsible for assisting customers in complying with the County's Land Development Regulations, the Comprehensive Plan and the other land use regulations. The Planning and Zoning Division serves as a facilitator for the general public and elected and appointed officials. The Planning and Zoning Division coordinates and assists with the development of and revisions to the Land Development Code and the Comprehensive Plan. Staff processes applications for re-zonings, comprehensive plan amendments, special exceptions, variances, and other miscellaneous permits. The division provides technical data and recommendations for land development proposals to the Board of County Commissioners, Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment.
The County's Land Development Regulations and Comprehensive Plan only apply within unincorporated Glades County. If the property is located within the City of Moore Haven, please call City Hall at 863-946-0711.
The Building Division contributes to the health, safety and welfare of those who live and visit our county through the observance and enforcement of mandated federal and state statutes and county ordinances regulating the construction of buildings and structures.
The Code Compliance Division contributes to the health, safety and welfare of those who live and visit our county through the enforcement of county ordinances including Land Development Regulations, Minimum Housing Standards and the County Nuisance Ordinance
Glades County is a Section 504/ADA Compliant Advocate. If you feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact David Mercer, Building Official at 863-946-6018.